Fatal compatibility error C1853

Hello guys,

I’ve updated my VS Code and while compiling the code in unreal, I’m getting the fatal error. I’ve written the log messages here. Please help. Last four lines shows the error.

Thank You

Building BullCowGameEditor…
Using Visual Studio 2019 14.27.29111 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.27.29110) and Windows 10.0.18362.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
[Upgrade]
[Upgrade] Using backward-compatible build settings. The latest version of UE4 sets the following values by default, which may require code changes:
[Upgrade] bLegacyPublicIncludePaths = false => Omits subfolders from public include paths to reduce compiler command line length. (Previously: true).
[Upgrade] ShadowVariableWarningLevel = WarningLevel.Error => Treats shadowed variable warnings as errors. (Previously: WarningLevel.Warning).
[Upgrade] PCHUsage = PCHUsageMode.UseExplicitOrSharedPCHs => Set in build.cs files to enables IWYU-style PCH model. See https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Programming/BuildTools/UnrealBuildTool/IWYU/index.html. (Previously: PCHUsageMode.UseSharedPCHs).
[Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting ‘DefaultBuildSettings = BuildSettingsVersion.V2;’ in BullCowGameEditor.Target.cs, and explicitly overriding settings that differ from the new defaults.
[Upgrade]
Building 4 actions with 12 processes…
[1/4] BullCowCartridge.cpp
D:\ASSETS\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Source\BullCowGame\BullCowCartridge.cpp: fatal error C1853: ‘D:\ASSETS\BullCowGame-starter-kit\Intermediate\Build\Win64\BullCowGameEditor\Development\Engine\SharedPCH.Engine.h.pch’ precompiled header file is from a different version of the compiler, or the precompiled header is C++ and you are using it from C (or vice versa)

2 Likes

This error has been resolved and I’m not deleting it as it can be useful to someone else encountering same error. So, the fix is:

REBUILD. Close Unreal Engine. Delete the project’s Binaries & Intermediate folders then reopen the project.

Thank You

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms