Failed to open/create session data

I am using VS Ent. 2017, UE 4.18.3, on Win 10. whenever I try to build the solution I get these errors

Failed to open/create session data BuildingEscape C:\Projects\repos\03_BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC

Failed to produce item: C:\Projects\repos\03_BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-BuildingEscape-7503.dll

The command ““C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat” BuildingEscapeEditor Win64 Development “C:\Projects\repos\03_BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape\BuildingEscape.uproject” -waitmutex” exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. BuildingEscape C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets

I have completely deleted and recreated the project and still get the same errors.

Try Compiling in UE4. Save all in VS first then compile in UE4. It seems to work better for me but i am a newbie.

Fixed. Don’t really know what the exact problem was but it was a source control issue.
After hours of trying everything I could think of, my wife comes home from work and casually mentions that she, closed a bunch of programs with task manager and had deleted some random programs/components through control panel in a horribly misguided attempt to make the computer, in her words, “go faster”. So I figured out that she had either disabled or deleted something that had to do with the source control program I was using…so I deleted all my git repos and source tree. Now it compiles just fine and everything works as expected.

Privacy & Terms