Failed to load Previous Checkout

Hello,

I made it to video 134 but my UE_LOG for the aim solution was not being called. I placed it in my aiming component but for some reason the log was not being called at all (my tank getplayer logs were working). I am trying to revert back to my last sourcetree sav at video 122 but whenever I hit checkout and deleted the derived folders like in video 77 but whenever I hit rebuild it pops up with an error telling me to rebuild from the source manually. When I open Visual Studios it doesn’t load the project " The following error was encountered: TF400813: Resource not available for anonymous access. "

Please help me get to video 135! Can I download your project somehow from github and load it?

Thank you,

Ryan

Not sure why you created two topics with the exact same body of text. And did you try using reset --hard instead?

Because my question is not answered yet and my goal for February is to finish BattleTank and Testing Grounds before GDC.

I tried Resetting the current branch - Hard - with no luck. It says rebuild the files manually. When I open MS Studios 15’ it fails to load the project as well, “The following error was encountered: TF400813: Resource not available for anonymous access. Client authentication required.”

You made two posts within about half an hour of each other with the same text but different titles. It just clutters the forum.

And regarding your problem were you sure to right click the .Uproject file and generate visual studio project files?
If you did do you have your project hosted anywhere?

Yes I clicked the Uproject,
then it says the .dll are missing would you like to rebuild them now?,
I click yes,
Then the Error pops up saying, TankUdemy could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from the source manually.,
So I open in Visual Studios but it doesn’t load anything and an Error pops up saying, the project failed to load…TF:400813

I had it hosted here, https://github.com/ryan326/TankUDemy , but I forgot to hit Push for a couple videos and whenever I remembered the files were too large to upload so I started saving locally.

Is the project downloadable anywhere?

That’s not what I meant. Right click it and select generate visual studio project files.

I just did that then clicked on on the .uproject,
it had the same .dll error,
Although it did fix the Microsoft Visual Studio problem. I’m still getting the TF:400813 error but the files are all built and two the right.

Did that fix half the problem or am I still in the same boat?

p.s. I tried clicking Local Debug Windows at the top of Visual Studios thinking it would build and start the game but it’s telling me the ue4.exe cannot be found in my C drive.

Wait so when does the error pop-up? And are you saying it complies just fine?

The solution and project can be rebuilt now after I right clicked on .uproject generate visual studio project files
Although after I rebuild and go back to open the .uproject I still get the .dll error

I’m guessing compiling is clicking on the green play button ‘Local Windows Debugger’, if so no it does not compile it says it can’t find the ue4.exe file in my C drive

If youre asking about the TF:400813 error that is in microsoft visual studios altough I don’t know if it’s related to anything

No that’s to start debugging but it will involve compiling. Compiling would be CTRL+ Shift + B. In your solution explorer right click your project solution as in the one that’s NOT UE4 and select set as start up project.

Also that other problem seems to stem from signing in with your microsoft account within Visual Studio from the quick searches I did.

I right clicked on the top Solution TankUdemy and clicked Set StartUp Projects,
Then under the Solution TankUdemy Property Pages I selected teh Single startup project which was UE4 and changed it to TankUdemy.

After that I hit ctrl,shift, b and it said build 1 succeded, 1 skipped.

I whent back to the uproject and hit rebuild .dll but it’s still popping up with the compile error.

Is there anyway for me to download Ben’s files from his github and just use those?

Well there’s https://github.com/UnrealCourse/03_BuildingEscape. Though it would be nice to know what’s causing that in case it comes up again.

Awesome I just downloaded his Tank project just gonna follow along now.

Yeah I will try anything you suggest just let me know. Thank you for the help.

Privacy & Terms