Failed to Generate Project Files

Hello,
After I delete “BuildingEscape.sln” and right click the file “BuildingEscape.uproject” then select “Generate Visual Studio Project files” I receive the error “Failed to generate project files:” (see below). I have tried Unreal versions 4.17.2, 4.19.2, and 4.21.2. Each time I receive the same error message with the exception of the path “Games/UE_4.19” depending on the version I select to preform the task. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Mike

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.19/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe  -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/micha/Documents/BuildingEscapeInstVersion/BuildingEscape/BuildingEscape.uproject" -game -rocket -progress -log="C:\Users\micha\Documents\BuildingEscapeInstVersion\BuildingEscape/Saved/Logs/UnrealVersionSelector-2019.02.10-09.56.01.log"
ERROR: UnrealBuildTool Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\users\micha\documents\buildingescapeinstversion\buildingescape\saved\logs\unrealversionselector-2019.02.10-09.56.01.log'.
          at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
          at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
          at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.GuardedMain(String[] Arguments)

It’s an odd bug with the build tool. You need to have a Saved/Logs directory in your project. i.e.

├── Binaries
├── Config
├── Content
├── Intermediate
├── Saved
│   ├── Logs
└── Source

Since I wasn’t far into the lessons and wasn’t making any progress with the error I started the project over. I forwarded the logs with the crash report to Unreal.
Thanks for the reply.
Mike

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms