Facing Problems in The Pyramid Ramp in Blender 2.93

You are using ‘polygon’, when it is but it is more usual in 3d to call it an Ngon, Where ‘N’ is any number over 4 vertices in effect. Just in case there is any confusion going on there.

Tris
Quads
Ngons.

1 Like

You’re completely right! Ngons!

2 Likes

What is the best way converting Ngon in a normal face :grinning:

1 Like

Dissolve and delete do different things. Dissolve tries to keep everything else around it. Delete is taking away the selected item regardless of making a ‘hole’.

1 Like

Selecting suitable verts and pressing J for join creating an edge cutting through the Ngon. You could replace the dissolved edge in FedPete’s steps by doing that for example.

2 Likes

Worked well. It’s done.

I am so much delighted to have help like you and Pete. I am sure I am at a place with beautiful learned where I can learn anything, and at the same pace I must admit by 52 Yrs of age brain cells starts working a bit slow

1 Like

:rofl: Well you under estimated us … I’m a bit older.
But then, I joined GameDev in 2016.
Did all the courses, but with the new Blender versions, much course content has changed.
So I can not say, how the instructor explains it. Or how even the challenge should be done.

Take it slow, ask questions (don’t do ten trails), just have fun.
Show your work regularly.
And even the teachers make some mistakes. Or, aren’t very clear in their actions.

1 Like

You shouldn’t worry about the grey cells I am over 60. lol.

1 Like

Ah, some motivation here. :grinning:

I started it in 2021 and aim to be with it throughout.

Instructor has done his part well, but it is always subjective.

I too am planning to go for all the courses.

1 Like

I am so glad catching up with the Golden 60 s’.

That makes my stay here a long long one :grinning:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms