Face Set Not Appearing, Joined Meshes Don't Merge on Remesh

Hi!

I seem to be having some issues.

Starting by selecting both the ear mesh and the head (with the head as the active object), I hit CTRL+J to join both meshes. That works fine. However, upon entering Sculpt Mode, I don’t see the face sets like they appear in the video.

Still, I attempt the remesh, since this topic tells me that it’s nothing to worry about. After remeshing, however, the two meshes are still separate and do not sculpt together like they do in the video.

Please help!

1 Like

Well the face sets serve no use or purpose for what is being done in this tutorial so on the whole them not auto appearing is a bonus. As Grant has to explain how to get rid of them. It is probably a change in default behaviour with the later releases.

Not remeshing into one though is odd.
Check the normals are all the right way round.

It may be the low poly of the ear you could try subdividing it a bit.

Though I can not replicate this issue in any way at the moment.
Perhaps a simple close Blender and reopen the file may fix it.

2 Likes

Do you have holes in one of your models?
They need to be solid!

I’ve solved this issue – it has to do with the keyboard shortcuts being different in the latest release. R to open the voxel size grid instead of Shift+R, and in object mode it auto-applies. In sculpt mode, it’s still R instead of shift+R, but it doesn’t auto-apply and I still needed to hit Ctrl+R to apply it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms