Eye constraints only working when in local space

While attempting the challenge of adding constraints to the eyes I found that the constraints forced the eyes to look into the back of the head rather than forwards and I couldn’t seem to find a suitable set of constraint values that would give the desired effect.

However, if I change the Convert option in the constrain menu to “Local Space”, then it works as expected.

I feel like I have done something wrong here, perhaps got one of the bones or objects in the hierarchy flips the wrong way around and it’s influencing the direction of the eye bones.

I have attached an image of the constraints I applied and the effect it had on the eye objects.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

Edit: After looking into this further I discovered that this problem was caused by the head model in my scene pointing in the negative y-axis, so you can either use “Local Space” constraints, which I think is appropriate in this case or rotate the head model.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms