Extrude Challenge: simple Taj Mahal

This is a super basic extrusion, but I also used the domed tower from the previous lecture. Didn’t wanna spend TOO much time on it, this took me about 20 minutes, 30 if you include time to go rename everything in a sensible way (which I should have done from the start lol)

Reference Image:

Eevee render:

5 Likes

You should try and remove some geometry from towers to lower your unnecessary geometry. Although that all depends on what the end goal for the model will become. If going for low poly I would try and remove every other vertical line from towers and see if the shape is still maintained.

Looking good regardless. Great work!
:100: :clap:

1 Like

Good job! Great that you’ve used reference!

And welcome back!

(btw. that’s awesome reference picture!)

3 Likes

Good first steps. Welcome back.
If you need help, don’t hesitate to ask.

2 Likes

Welcome back a good start, but a monumental ambition! By the end of the course you will have to try to make the same thing with all you have learnt!

1 Like

Thank you so much! This community has been so helpful, it’s mind boggling. I’ve been trying to keep things pretty basic so I can get to the more advanced stuff, but I do try to mess around a little to make sure I’m learning things properly and not just racing through the course. it’s a weird balance to try and strike haha

I agree about the image, I love the aesthetics of this building in general, but the photo is great, especially because it’s mostly head on which made my modeling easier to try and scale decently, but mostly because I thought the lighting and cloud cover looked surreal and it really caught my eye

2 Likes

I was thinking that I would try to do that actually, but I want to be sure and do it justice. For a building that beautiful, I would definitely want to do it correctly

2 Likes

Look what other students did:

https://community.gamedev.tv/search?q=taj%20mahal%20category%3A14

1 Like

Privacy & Terms