Extreme Tuning - my settings in game Net Breaker (prev. Meme Breaker)

UPD: GIF pictures from the game in the last posts of this topic.

I got the essence of the lesson!
Indeed, extreme tuning is a very good tool for randomly generating gameplay ideas!

Blocks can be small enough to make pixel art level design!!!

Random Factor = 2 makes the game challenging, but playable. The ball gets good velocity, but it’s still controllable.

GIF made with the GifCam software (on Windows).
Here we can see A LOT of extremely small blocks. The game plays itself because of AutoPlay ON.
Bug found - periodically after collisions the ball slows down incredibly. However, after other collisions, it accelerates again. The final version of the game will also be tested. Most likely it’s a ball speed randomization factor.

P.S. In this example, there are 550 (!) blocks on the screen!!!

Here we have fast and destructive ball.

Here we have stuck to the up of the game screen ball. At first, the ball started to lose its speed, but after - it stuck =(

Params of the game:
The ball
X push: 0
Y push: 16
Random Factor: 1

Game session
Game Speed: 1

This problem happens 1st time, so I think it is because of an extra-large amount of small blocks. But maybe, it is because of Random parameters.

Vector2 velocityTweak = new Vector2(Random.Range(0f, randomFactor), Random.Range(0f, randomFactor));

We have Random.Range between 0 and RandomFactor. I will test this:

Vector2 velocityTweak = new Vector2(Random.Range(0.2f, randomFactor), Random.Range(0.2f, randomFactor));

It works well! The ball can slow down, but not so much as before! AutoPlay passed this level without any difficulties. Here is the GIF:

1 Like

This is extreme indeed!

1 Like

Thanks!

Privacy & Terms