Exported Game Only Displays Grey Screen

As the heading implies, I have exported a very small game to be a windows executable. It has particle affects, a coule of sound files and very basic inputs. When exported the game comes up as a grey screen with no sound and no indication that it is responding to any keystrokes other than “esc” as that causes the game to shut down. That was by design. I am following along with a Godot tutorial from GAMEDEV.TV, but it does not appear that anyone else has this problem.

Hi Nathanael,

I believe i responded to your question on Udemy.
The only thing i can think of is that the export template needs reinstalling so i would delete the exe, remove the windows export template and reinstall it and re-export the game and see if this solves the issue.

If not please do let us know and we can look into this further.

Just wondering if in the project settings the main game/scene is selected as the main run scene or if its possibly lost that.

2 Likes

I will look into this and report back.

You know, I think my character scene may have been accidently set as the primary scene and that may be the problem. Didn’t even think of that. I’ll check it out and report back.

It turns out that this was the problem. Thank you so much for the input!

1 Like

It turns out that the problem was my default scene was set to the character scene and I missed that. Once I changed that in project settings, it exported without any issues. Thank you for your time and help.

1 Like

Glad you managed to solve it, I have done that in the past and clean forgot about that as a solution :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms