Export FBX issues with textures

This is not the first course i do from Grant Abbit. I love the way he explains stuff, very simple and clear. What i do wonder though, is how come there’s no real instructions about how to export the game assets we create within the course into FBX and how to import them into the main available free engines like Unity or Unreal. I think being a course related to gaming assets there should be a section which explain how to do that properly.
I just made some sample trees and i can’t figure out how the PBR material textures are not being exported correctly (even when reimporting the fbx into Blender the textures are messed up).
Can anybody help? Do i have to bake them using Cycles? And if yes, how do i do that properly?

1 Like

Probably as this is a course about making things in Blender not game engine use. There are vast numbers of users that have no interest in games stuff. Getting things into engines can be problematic. Then there are many engines they can’t all be covered in a Blender course, perhaps better done in a game engine one.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms