Export and import into Second Life

Has anyone else brought Blender models into Second life? i have tryed but its very complicating and i never know what size to make it for the world. how would i know what size is best to go with the avatar in second life if its a chair or if the avatar has to go inside it like a house.

thank you
Samantha White

1 Like

Hello there, im also taking this course to import things to SL and obviously im not expert, I think it does not matter much about the size for common objects such as furniture, i have learned that size is essential when creating for example jewelry, I have uploaded some of it and in this case you need to create nano mesh; and as the opposite of nano mesh there is also macro mesh for large buildings.
Consider that regular sizes wont exceed the area of the grid in blender and nano mesh no more than 0.5, but again Im no expert, even so I hope I was of help.
Regards. :slight_smile:
SM

1 Like

same here, learning to create things to take into second life

Iā€™m also working on my SL imports. The best tutorial I have found is from Chic Aeon - her youtube channel has a series of excellent tutorials specifically designed to help with going from Blender into SL.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms