ExplosionForce is not changing to whatever is set

first of all, i had prolems with the blueprint projectile resetting defaults values so im doing all that in C++. the ImpulseStrength property included. I must have set the initial value in the BP a long time ago. Just now i tried setting it in the C++ for this lecture. Its not changing anything.

Capture3

only thing i can think of its is that its still using the value from the old BP from the cacje or something… i cant see this being set anywhere else. Ive logged out the value at the point of impact and it does change there actually, but the tank is still getting blown about.

If you created a blueprint of the class then changing values inside the C++ class’ constructor will only change the default values and won’t change the blueprint values. You wouldn’t want the author of the class (who might not be you) to just change your blueprint out of the blue.

That’s the thing, I’m not using BP for the projectile at all anymore. All in C++ but it seems like what you’re saying is still happening. I’ve moved on to the next section now anyway but it would be nice to know what’s going on there.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms