Expected exactly one file named index.html found 0

I’ve looked this error up and still with not luck on how exactly to fix. can anyone help please?

Hi Lee,

Did you test your game locally in your browser? If so and if it worked, make sure you uploaded the entire build folder including the index.html, not just the subfolder named Build.

Thank you for reaching out. Yes the game does run fine on the browser. This is a snip of what is in the zip folder.

Thank you. This screenshot is helpful.

I’m noticing three potential issues:

1. The project seems to be saved in the Desktop folder, which is probably managed by Windows and which often causes unexpected issues. Save your project and your build in a normal folder on your harddrive.
  2. I might be wrong but it looks as if the build files were saved in the project folder, which is managed by Unity. Unity deletes files that don’t belong there. Save your build in an unmanaged folder on your harddrive.
  3. The files your screenshot is showing are not the complete build. There must be an index.html in the parent folder. The parent folder is the root folder. This one is very likely a subfolder unless Unity deleted files and folders.

Which version of Unity do you use, by the way?

That’s fine. Please save your build in another folder and zip the folder with the index.html, not some subfolder.

I didn’t have enough space on my c: drive. I go it to upload now thank you Nina.

Awesome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms