Exit time in transitions

My version of Unity is a bit newer than the video (I’m sure you get a lot of that). Your video uses an exit time as a condition in the transitions and you are able to put in a number to reflect how many loops an animation will go through before transitioning to the next. My version of Unity (5.4.2f2) doesn’t have exactly what you have. I do see a “Has exit time” check box and below that I have an “Exit Time” field. Unfortunately these aren’t producing the results yours do. There are a few other fields below that and below all of those is a somewhat confusing looking timeline. What I’d like to know is how do I set the number of loops before a transition in this setup the same way you did in yours? It wasn’t critical to the lecture, but I’d like to know how to do it with my version of Unity for the future.

The field Exit Time tells Unity the number of loops before going in the new state. You want to set Transition Duration and Transion Offset to 0, to avoid the “mixing” of the last loop/new state for a duration equal to Transition Duration.

That’s pretty much it.

Turns out that was it! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms