Example Video, Enemy Animation and Tilt brush terrain

Hi fellow developers!

Here is my first enemy animation. I have animated the first two waves, which are just at the beginning of the video. I’ve also completed a full circuit around my course with the player timeline. I like timeline for the control, however, what it takes away from my gameplay is control over player speed. I had to turn off my speed control scripts.

I’m sure there’s a better solution for controlling flying games on a specific path, or even a way to increase the speed of animation playback (although it would have to include the entire timeline speeding up, so enemy animation plays at the right time as the player). Ah, so much still to learn!!

Please provide any feedback/critiques. Also, my video recording made the game look a bit choppy. I am looking into that, to see how to improve it.

3 Likes

This looks awesome, are you using some sort of VR headset? Seeing the UI move around and the way the camera looked around made it seem so. To me the recording looked dark or the player ship was just dark and hard to see.

Hi @CustomZ02, Yes, I’m using the Oculus Rift and Touch controllers for this project. I’m learning VR development at the same time as learning this course, so am throwing both together in the Unity project.

Glad you commented on things looking dark. You’re right, that video shows things way too dark. I’ve put everything and the kitchen sink into this scene, and will take what I’ve learned and build another scene that’s cleaner (will give me a chance to work on the finer elements like lighting, color level, etc.

I also have a problem that the player ship (a bird) is hard to see and you can’t quite see when the enemy and the bird are about to touch. A lot of crashing ensues. Will fix and post updates soon!

Impressive !! Keep up the good work!

That’s awesome! Great job! =D

nice!

Really Great job, you went far beyond the course :+1:

Privacy & Terms