Escape Room Sketch - Maybe I went over the top with this one?

So the walkthrough is like this:

Player starts sitting on a chair, small room, lights closed.

Player finds the light switch, turns on lights. Notices door knob is missing.
Player finds the door knob under the chair, fits it back to the door, and he’s out of the first room!

In the second room, after a bit of looking around, player notices there’s a ‘cold’ painting and on the other side a ‘hot’ painting (giving clues to the player of how close they are to the next clue!).

Player interacts with the ‘hot’ painting, finds a switch.
Player flips the switch, and Wall1 collapses, with a sudden loud noise playing to scare the player!

In the third room, there’s a bookcase, a table, and a light on top of the table. Left of the bookcase is tightly hidden a keypad.

Player goes to the table with the turned on light, and turns the light off.
Player notices the pin for the keypad, in binary, on the table.
Player enters the pin in the keypad, part of the wall explodes. More loud noises!
EDIT: There will be a piece of paper explaining simple binary, hidden in the bookcase though in plain sight!

In the fourth room, there’s a tight, short corridor. A painting is hanging on the wall, containing the quote ‘Third time’s a charm!’.

Once the player gets the hit, running 2 times against the wall towards the exit, will turn that wall off (i.e. no collider), and will be able to run through it the 3rd time, and onto the exit door!

What do you think?

2 Likes

I really like it! It’s like I was almost able to feel the atmosphere of your game reading at your description!
Good job :raised_hands:

Haha thank you Cyrille, I’m almost done with the tutorial and then I’ll do mine!

1 Like

Interesting and inspiring!

If you can finish it, it’s not over the top. That’s over the top for me: stuff I don’t think I can achieve any time soon.

So go for it!

Unfortunately I currently have my hands full with college and a full-time job to support college, so I haven’t had any time to make this a thing! Love the support though, thanks everyone! And I’ll of course keep you posted -with a vid- when it does happen!

Privacy & Terms