Errors with ThirdPersonCharacter

Using v4.19.2 I experienced an error with importing the Third Person Character content. There was a compiler error within this code from Epic, and it’s unclear to me what is causing it. I did many cleans and re-attempts to create the project and they all failed.

The problem was resolved by upgrading to v4.20.3.

Error:

CompilerResultsLog: Error: TP_ThirdPersonCharacter.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: static void __cdecl UHeadMountedDisplayFunctionLibrary::ResetOrientationAndPosition(float,enum EOrientPositionSelector::Type)” (?ResetOrientationAndPosition@UHeadMountedDisplayFunctionLibrary@@SAXMW4Type@EOrientPositionSelector@@@Z) referenced in f
unction “protected: void __cdecl ATP_ThirdPersonCharacter::OnResetVR(void)” (?OnResetVR@ATP_ThirdPersonCharacter@@IEAAXXZ)
CompilerResultsLog: Error: C:\Users\Skrow\Documents\Unreal Projects\S05_TestingGrounds\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-S05_TestingGrounds.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
CompilerResultsLog: ERROR: UBT ERROR: Failed to produce item: C:\Users\Skrow\Documents\Unreal Projects\S05_TestingGrounds\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-S05_TestingGrounds.dll

Privacy & Terms