Error when pushing

Hey guys, I’m getting this error when trying to push the repository.

I’m not sure if it is related, but when I staged my files, I got this warning about the size of some files, but the stage and commit were successfully completed:
Capture

Anyone knows a solution for that?

The curl 18 transfer closed error MIGHT be helped by a git config change to boost the post buffer parameter as described in this answer:

However it could be due to the large files - if you go to the folder they are in, how big are those files? Just >10MB isn’t descriptive enough. Github will issue warnings when a file exceeds 50MB in size, but will reject a commit that contains any files 100MB+ in size, without setting up and using LFS for those files.

As they’re .wav (binary) files it wouldn’t be such a bad thing to use LFS for them. Also unless you’re genuinely using all those assets in your project, I’d filter them out and be more selective before committing.

By the way; the reason the stage and commit would succeed is because that is all local on your machine, and there are no such restrictions on large files with that - at least until you cause git to freak out, as it can sometimes do when a repository just grows too large. That won’t be the case here though, this is more a network connection / bandwidth / file size limit type of issue.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms