Error when compiling

Here is what I have on Visual Studio Code, and I don’t understand what I am doing wrong :

And I do have Raylib on C Drive :

I have installed Raylib 3.7 as per a previous fix and used the template provided on Github.
Can someone please explain to me what I am doing incorrectly ?

Make sure you’re using either the “build debug” or “build release” tasks (“build debug” preferred), you can access these by going to Terminal > Run Task. (I’m using a different project for this example but it uses the same template)

Don’t use the Play button in your editor which is coming from an extension. It’s just doing a blind g++ yourfile.cpp -o yourfile.exe which is not going to link with Raylib at all, use the build task as instructed.

Thank you for this, I get the same result as your screenshot. However, I do not get the message “Build finished successfully”. Is this normal ?

If I try to run the Build Task as explained after doing the Build Debug, I get the same error as before.

I am not using the Play button, I don’t even know where that is. Sorry.

Not getting the “build successful” is normal, I don’t have a solid explanation as to why it’s different than what Stephen has.

1 Like

Thank you for this clarification and for your help.

It’s in the upper right corner but on closer inspection that doesn’t appear to be the case and the output is from a default generated build task from VS Code.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms