ERROR UE4.exe not found when compiling/running in visual studio

2 weeks ago I compiled and ran my visual studio code perfectly. But when I compile the exact same files 2 weeks later, I get the error: UE4.exe not found. See printscreen.

Anyone know how to fix it? I think the new VS update is causing this problem, is this true?

I tried this:

• UE4 options in Visual Studio
  • replaced the directory to: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Binaries\Win64
  • I did a complete search on my computer for ‘UE4.exe’ but my computer doesn’t have this file. Why?
    The latest version of Visual Studio only has UE4Game.exe, UE4Editor.exe and UE4Game-Win64-Shipping.exe, and UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe.

So: do I need to let Visual Studio know to look for this file? If so, how?

What should I do?

I also tried below steps, but they did not work:

I still receive this error:
bug3

This file: UE4.exe is not on my computer at all. So how should I change this? And change to which file?

I also tried this:

But I still receive the same error:
“unable to start program UE4.exe”

Hi :slight_smile: I had the same problem after changine UE engine version. You should set up your BuildingEscape project as startup project.

Even if it’s a big bump, it might be helpfull for others. I had the same problem, but we can’t ctrl + f5 or f5 to compile only the project.
We need the generate the whole solution either in the right control panel with right click on BuildingEscape -> Generate. Or press F6.
Also I noticed even if we generate the solution, we won’t see any changes in Unreal unless we compile it directly inside the UE editor. idk why though.

Privacy & Terms