Error Lens in any Unreal Projects

Hello there. Do you know if there is a plugin that can work like Error Lens while coding a project in Unreal. For example, when I forget to put a semicolon, I am looking for a plug-in that will warn you but I could not find it. Error Lens does not work in BullCowCartrige.cpp.

I’ve been using Rider for Unreal by JetBrains after someone said they were using it and gave it a whirl - it’s not free and is a replacement for visual studio as an editor (still has to be installed for the tools) but it often gives better hints. I think it integrates with 4.24 or later, and the integration is built-in I think for 4.26. Also, resharper for Visual Studio (same company, same bundle as rider) has the same functionality.

Unfortunately there are downsides too. They do add an overhead to your system as it indexes the UE projects and causes some slowdown. Also, it’s not free (around 16 EUR a month I think, with increased discounts and after 2 years it is about 9 Euro a month) and there is a 30 day trial.

pros and cons really. Usually building in Visual Studio will tell you where the error is so these tools aren’t necessary.

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms