Error compiling

Visual studio code is telling me that the files cannot be opened

You need to do Tools > Refresh VS Code project within Unreal after adding a new class.

I believe I have, I’m using unreal engine 4 and went to files>Refresh Vs Code Project but it still says it cannot open the file. I’ve ran the start build task win 64 developmental build as well.

By any chance is the source code editor for Unreal something else? Please check it in your editor preferences under Source Code.

The source editor is visual studio code

Are you able to build from VS Code?

Im not sure what you mean

Close Unreal and then do Ctrl + Shift + B > ObstacleAssaultEditor Win64 Development Build.

I’ve already done that

And it was successful? Could you show its output?

It was not.

This is the output

Blockquote
Using dotnet configured on PATH
Dotnet path: C:\Program Files\dotnet\dotnet.exe
Activating C# + C# Dev Kit + C# IntelliCode…
waiting for named pipe information from server…
[stdout] {“pipeName”:"\\.\pipe\ff75b09a"}
received named pipe information from server
attempting to connect client to server…
client has connected to server
[Info - 6:49:09 AM] [Program] Language server initialize

this was the terminal output

BlockquoteDeleted hot-reload file: D:\Game Design\Unreal\Games\ObstacleAssault\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-ObstacleAssault-5767.dll
Deleted hot-reload file: D:\Game Design\Unreal\Games\ObstacleAssault\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-ObstacleAssault-5767.pdb
Deleted hot-reload file: D:\Game Design\Unreal\Games\ObstacleAssault\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ObstacleAssault\UE4Editor-ObstacleAssault-5767.lib
Building ObstacleAssaultEditor…
Using Visual Studio 2019 14.29.30152 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.29.30133) and Windows 10.0.18362.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
Building 3 actions with 12 processes…
[1/3] UE4Editor-ObstacleAssault.lib
Creating library D:\Game Design\Unreal\Games\ObstacleAssault\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ObstacleAssault\UE4Editor-ObstacleAssault.lib and object D:\Game Design\Unreal\Games\ObstacleAssault\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ObstacleAssault\UE4Editor-ObstacleAssault.exp
[2/3] UE4Editor-ObstacleAssault.dll
Creating library D:\Game Design\Unreal\Games\ObstacleAssault\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ObstacleAssault\UE4Editor-ObstacleAssault.suppressed.lib and object D:\Game Design\Unreal\Games\ObstacleAssault\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\ObstacleAssault\UE4Editor-ObstacleAssault.suppressed.exp
[3/3] ObstacleAssaultEditor.target

That seems successful to me. Has the problems tab changed?

no, still shows error squiggles

That’s not quite what I asked. Are they also exactly the same? What do you have in the output window for the C/C++ extension?

(though select C/C++ not the one pictured)

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms