EnhancedInput

I used the new EnhancedInput for the lecture and copy&pasted from ThirdPerson Template project.
Is is still needed to scale controller inputs with delta time? Or is this done by the new system?
If not: is there any modiefier needed while defining the input mapping context for 2D thumbsticks or how can it be done with the EnhancedInput?

It is still needed. This is really less to do with the input and related to framerate so that you can get a consistent movement on different PCs/devices with different framerates and so can’t really be done in the input system.

Last time I tested it it seemed to handle it. There’s also a modifier to scale by delta time so you definitely don’t need to do it in code.

One answer is “yes it is needed to handle controller input”.
Other answer is “no… enhanced input will do this alone”.

What’s correct?

I’d suggest testing it yourself, you can set a fixed frame rate in your project settings

Apologies for the confusion. Dan is indeed correct as he so very often is (well, more than I care to admit anyway :smiley:) so the confusion is my fault. Enhanced input does appear to be able to handle this so really now it comes down to personal preference.

As Dan said, try both, choose what you feel more comfortable with. Neither of the solutions are more or less correct than the other and certainly the C++ solution is not wrong - I personally would choose this as it feels like I have more control in the code than using Enhanced input.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms