Enemy movement

I re-did the project and and make sure that my code should similar to sir Ben and unity stuff and it is perfectly same. But the problem is my enemy follows the path but its vibrate when its move. Its moving onto the path but my capsule mesh vibrate when its moves. I don’t know where is the problem. I redid the whole project from the start and make sure everything is matched with sir Ben. My unity version is 2018.3f.I cant show it in a picture and video option is not available.

Hi,

Check the colliders. Maybe the colliders overlap. In that case, the physics simulation could try to move the game objects because colliders are not supposed to overlap. That’s just a guess, though.

You could use LightShot for taking screenshots. Copying and pasting works here. And if you want to share a video, you could create one with OBS, upload it to Youtube and share a link here. Both, LightShot and OBS, are free to use.

I remove all the collider just to check if the issue is solved but sadly same issue I will try and make a video and share link with you. BTW these are my scripts so far.cubeEditor enemy Movement
and an waypoint empty script attached to all the cubes.

The problem could be in the Update method of the EnemyMovement class. Please take a look at the lecture code changes via the link in the Resources of this lecture.

ok

Thanks For your consulting Ma’am. You are a project saver :laughing: Issue is in calling the method . I called the follow path method in the update method but when I see sir ben project changes this method is called in void start() not in void Update(). That was the issue. Now problem is solved. Thanks again. This was my 3rd time I redo this project.

I’m glad the solution was so simple. It’s not a waste of time to redo a project multiple time. Each time, you’ll learn a bit more. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms