Emissive Light Bleed Through

I have light bleeding through the lamp from my emissive light source. I’ve checked to make sure that I didn’t use a diffuse or transparent shader. Can’t figure this one out, so help is much appreciated.

2 Likes

Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.

This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side. On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.

All the information is in the panels not just the end result.

Have you solidified the shade, given it thickness?

1 Like

Yes I applied the thickness modifier to the shade.

1 Like

What is a light output?

Just use the normal Principled BDSF, make the emissive colour white and turn the mission strength up.

Though it might be just the strength of the emission you have used.

Anything different from my simple test?

Still the same issue. Did what you recommended. Emission is at 50 right now.

I’ve got 2 different materials on the inside and outside of my shade, would that effect anything?

Hmmm must be something simple I am missing. The materials should make no difference.

Try a test like I did. That should clarify if it is just associated with this model.
Try a small proper render too. As I did.

Others may come up with ideas later.
If using an AMD graphics card hey have some display problems sometime.

I just ran a simple test like you did and it works just fine. So I’m starting to think that when I solidified the surface I made just made it way too thin. I’ll remake my shade and let you know what happens

1 Like

New lamp shade and made it much thicker when I solidified it. Problem solved!

2 Likes

What kind of lamp type are you using? Each lamp has a size, which controls the shadow softness, but also a physical size when rendered in reflections.

Eevee is used in your workbench view. Eevee has some problems with light bleed in the default setup. How does it look when rendered in Cycles (except the noise)?

What part of the lamp did you make emissive? Maybe accidently the outside ?

All of the images I shared were rendered in cycle. I also wasn’t using any lamps but the emissive surface of a modeled light bulb. Its all go now, I figured that I had just made the lamp shade too thin when I solidified it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms