Eevee, Five-o-pus - Space Tourism

Just practice, follow the lesson challenges. Do many small projects (your sword project).
If you have no ideas, participate in the weekly challenge.

1 Like

5 Likes

Test run.

8 Likes

My final entry and it was difficult. Not modelling but the composition globally.
At this level, even in Eevee, my computer slows down.
Not that many vertices, but also the material calculations take time.

200 objects, 160K vertices, 200K faces.
Render time Eevee 128 samples (to improve shadows) 35sec.

Maybe I will revisit this project, just changing the materials. Because I got the feeling, I’m using multiple graphical styles. And I need to work more in the compositor. Some parts have a glare which I don’t like. I could solve that using cryptomat (I belief).

I had a fun time doing this project, while I had some free time. And still, I have a lot of ideas.But here it is.

5 Likes

this is honestly really awesome!!! amazing work :smiley:

1 Like

Great final render. Earth for sale, lol. Few billion careless previous owners, somewhat polluted and minerally exhausted.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

You really did a Great Job!!!
The strong simple shapes, composition, sense of humor, the whole story is just amazing! You have a bright talent and a high working capacity.
I hope to see more adventures with these “five-o-pus” fellas :slightly_smiling_face:

…about glare, maybe decreasing the amount of it on heads under the helmet make you more satisfied

I’m reading my progress log again. I should have made an UFO filled with water … inside it the octopus …Fun things to explore. More ‘Logic’.

Amazing job! I like it a lot.

1 Like

I like the idea of have the octopus living in a water environment. So I made a quick concept model of a UFO partly filled with water.

4 Likes

Great, now add little fish swimming in there with it, as snacks! :grin:

Perhaps coral like spaceship controls?

2 Likes

How do you come up with these ideas :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

It’s a little muddy to look at, but there is the “info” pane that you can use in Blender to view what you have done or “accidentally just did”.

2 Likes

I always for get to look at it.
Or even use the handy Notes feature.
I think because, it is out of sight, as in not a default panel.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms