Editor freezing when saving new material

Hello all. Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, but I have an issue with the editor freezing whenever I try to save a new material. I create a new material, and do something as simple as adding a LandscapeLayerBlend and connect it to the BaseColor of the material. If I try to save it at that point the progress bar with “Apply changes to original material and its use in the world” pops up, reaches 100% and everything locks up. Task manager shows no CPU usage for the editor at this point and I must end the process from there. I have let it sit for hours with no response. I have tried reinstalling the editor multiple times and have even tried different version with the same result.

This is in a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and using Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition. All programs are installed on a SSD, and the editor is being run as admin.

I have posted this issue on the Unreal forums as well. I really would like to get back to the course, but at this point, I can’t do anything!

PC Specs: - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-core Processor - Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 (drivers are up to date) - 16 GB of Ram

Copy of DxDiag: DxDiag

Product Version: UE 4.21

I solved the issue after trying different scenarios. The issue turned out to be Incredibuild, which was installed with VS2017. After uninstalling it, I could save materials. I can get back to work now!

Privacy & Terms