Edges Twisted When Unwrapping

Hi there,

Have got as far as marking a seam on the belt and then unwrapping it, but when I do every single one of the edges (bar the centre) seems to be twisted back on itself, forming an “X” between each face. Presumably this isn’t correct, will it cause massive issues going forward?

I used a Mirror modifier, a Shrinkwrap modifier and a Solidify modifier, all of which I applied before starting the unwrap. I’m thinking it must be the Solidify modifier doing something strange, as deleting it and unwrapping the single plane works as it should, but I need some depth to the belt.

Hopefully this screenshot is clear enough.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2 Likes

how many seams you marked? just the one on the inside on the back?
It looks uncomplet.

guess you need a second seam around the hole model, cause every loop is bound to the next one.

Edit.: i used a third seam in front, to get 2 UV-Islands of the same size

3 Likes

Hi Max,

Yeah you’re right, I’ve added an extra seam around the length of it and unwrapped it into two islands.

Thought I was following along with Grant pretty exactly, but I must have missed something. He seemed to just need one seam around a single loop as far as I could see, then it all rolled out into one long belt, but these two islands will do, I’m sure it’s not a massive deal.

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Great Joshua, i glad that i could help you!

Are you doing a belt? maybe you can delete the inner faceloop, if it never will be seen.
If you do this, you are fine with 1 seam.

And yeah, i feel you, sometimes i miss one tiny word in a course and i am lost for 20 minutes :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi Max,

Ah you’re absolutely right, I forgot that he deleted the inside faces, that’ll be the difference!

Thanks again

3 Likes

Hi Joshua,

Perfect :face_with_hand_over_mouth: thanks for hiting the solution button!

Hope i can see your final result soon :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms