Edge stopped allowing playing of courses

I was able to work up to the Snow Boarder course on Cinemachine. Edge stated the page is blocked. Not the whole page mind you, just the part where the video is. I then noticed I could not watch the previous videos also. I have restarted Edge, my PC, and tried to find a setting. Would anyone know how to get this working again? I have not tried Chrome but I will.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue. I’m running Edge Version 101.0.1210.47 (Official build) (64-bit)

Hi,

If Edge does not work, please test another browser. It is not uncommon that websites have issues with Edge and Safari. Chrome and Firefox usually work.

See also:

I tried Chrome. It worked.

Can this please be passed on to the tech people?

For various reasons, I use Edge exclusively, so “use another browser” doesn’t work as a solution for me.

Thanks.

On which platform are you following our courses?

Course videos also stopped working for me on Firefox (v. 100.0.1 64-bit) on Windows 10 21H2

I’m on Windows 10 64-bit with Edge Version 101.0.1210.47.

I have temporarily installed Firefox (100.0.1 64-bit) & it works there, but it’s not a long-term solution for me.

@asser-dk, @OldManJim, on Udemy or here on gamedev.tv (teachable)?

I tested a random video on both platforms with Chrome, and both were working for me.

Here on gamedev.tv.

@Marc_Carlyon, could you help with this problem?

The only thing that worked for me was turning the tracking protection in Firefox and Edge down from “Strict” to “Standard” (would assume the same thing would happen if you did that in Chrome also but I haven’t checked).

1 Like

That fixed it for me. I went from strict to balanced.

Bingo! I added gamedev.tv to the Tracking Prevention Exceptions in Edge.

Thanks asser-dk.

1 Like

Glad you found a solution to this!
Maybe the settings were upped when the browsers updated.
I use chrome and although i had a odd display issue the first time a quick refresh solved it there.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms