Edge slide in both cardinalities

I have selected some edges with poles and would like to slide them down, but it seems not possible to edge slide in that direction. I can GG left and right, but not move vertices along the edges that the red arrows point.

Any way to achieve that or is that a limitation of Blender?

1 Like

You can get the result, but basically one vert at a time so the dragging can be manipulated to the wanted direction. I think Blender gets confused as there are different directions for ever vert when you try to do it like that all at once. Some are slightly left and down some ar slightly right and down, others forward/backward, and combinations of them all.

So, select a vert to slide. GG drag down the edge you want it to go along and check the distance (top left of the window), when it is about where you want it, type in the number being shown as slide distance. I round off for ease. So if the drag is about right and says 0.763935 I type .76. Now you have a number to type for each vert as you repeat the actions, so they all go the same distance.

2 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™d have to do that many dozen times, as there are many vertices, even with repeat command. Perhaps Blender 3 will make the batch slide possible, seems like a technical hurdle :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms