Duplication Challenge - Plane

Just made this as part of the duplication challenge.

Wasn’t too focused on just duplicating. Really admired other people’s posts depicting much more detailed images.

Any comments or advice will be appreciated :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Welcome to this site.
Take some time to look around and take part.

A great small plane You might have tried a cone in the centre of the prop?

Colours added and some smooth shading will add to it.

1 Like

Thank you for the advice!

Added the colors and experimented a little bit with the materials. I think it looks much better now.

3 Likes

Nice work, both emission for the tracer, and transparency for the spinning prop.

2 Likes

Nice work.

A detailed model does not equate a good model. You have have lots of detail and still a bad model, or conversely, you can have a low poly model (low detail) and have a superb model.

This could be technically a high poly model:

This is a low poly model:

What ever do you mean? Are not those bullet flashed duplicates?

1 Like

Exactly. Thank you.

Thank you for the feedback!

Point taken, complexity ≠ aesthetics.

I am still early in the course though and have to try more complex things later on in the future, for learning’s sake at least.

They are. So are the wings and tail, exhaust and a second wheel is hidden by the body of the plane.

1 Like

Complex things will come, since it is the nature of the course to build up to them. You will be amazed at how little you can actually get done in the same amount of time as spent at the start.

Don’t get me wrong, it is worth the time, but it makes one appreciate the time professionals spend on their model or movies/games on their scenes and assets.

3 Likes

Thank you!

Guess i’ll keep practicing and hopefully get both faster and better in time.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms