Duplicating the map

I just came past the warning for UE 5.1 that you now need to duplicate the map, so that changes to a map from the starter content will not be overwritten.

Instead of duplicating the map as described in the warning, my first instinct would be to just choose “Save level as…” from the File menu and simply save the map to a different location outside of the StarterContent folder. Wouldn’t that accomplish the same thing? Or is actually duplicating the map from the content browser and then saving it doing something different?

Also, can anyone tell me what the difference between the “Content Drawer” and the “Content Browser” is?

Thanks,
Jutta

Duplicating or Save Level As are both as good as one another so choose the same thing.

FYI, the reason you now have to do this is because of a feature in 5.1 or later which refreshes the starter content on restart of the editor thus overwriting all changes you made.

The difference4 between the Content Drawer and Content Browser is how you access these 2 items. Typically a content browser will be docked somewhere. The Content Drawer however is accessible via CTRL+Space pretty much anywhere so, for example, when editing materials and you need to access a texture, it is much easier to find it by doing this. You used to pretty much undock the material so the browser was showing and drag from one window to another.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms