Duplicating proxies creates non-proxies

Hi! When I was doing the challenge for this lecture, I was duplicating my proxies and setting up my room. After that, I went in the original file and added materials to the objects and came back in my blend file with proxies and realized that all the duplicated proxies were in fact not proxies (and so didn’t have the new material). The original proxies did receive the new material though.

I ran some tests and neither shift+d or alt+d generates a new proxy. In the scene outliner, I can clearly see the ghost icon for my proxies and all the duplicated object don’t have the ghost anymore.

It really looks like mike is duplicating them in the video, so maybe it’s a new blender bug/feature? I hope there is a way to make it straightforward. Creating a new proxy from the linked object everytime would just be unbearable…

I’m using blender 2.82.7

Thanks for helping to clarify this!

Oh, for some reason my outliner was too small and the ghost icons of the object was just not vislble because they where more on the right…! I’m not sure why my materials didn’t come through though. I probably did a manipulation error at some point.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms