Dungeon Wrap Up

So I did the dungeon with a little surprise, I know the dungeon is like 95% similar to the course but I did it and I feel good about it!

I use a different method to save the modules for the project, so if you are on 3.0 and want to try a better way to manage assets go down the post.

So first of all, here is my renders:

Is not much, except that I change some props and colors here and there and added lil’ dude there with a “Comically large torch” but I hope you like it! Any feedback is appreciated!

So onto the 3.0 thing, I made my modules in separate blend files because I can get them by name and second because blender added in 3.0 the Asset browser, I just needed to mark the modules as assets and set the folder where the modules are and you can just grab and put it in your project whenever you need it, is just that easy!

Here is the video I used for reference, this functionality is so useful!

I hope people who are using the 3.0 version found this helpful as I did in this section!

5 Likes

The dungeon looks fine. All done.

I have not investigated the asset browser yet but I agree it looks very handy. Especially for items you add in every scene! :man_standing:

1 Like

It looks good, I tend to follow the course to a T and then do my own thing afterwards for improved retention on learned knowledge! Good job!

1 Like

Yeah, I kinda did that at the first lectures then I went overboard and wanted to do my own thing but following the class objective, I must say I did pretty good with that (my animation on the animation section is the point when I tried to do something different).

Now about the dungeon, yeah I tended to follow more the mickey way to organize models and assets (one individual blend file for every asset). I didn’t make the assets inside one blend file like on this lecture so in the end I could do it in two ways, the first was append everything that I needed to the project or practice the new Asset browser from 3.0 and I must say it really came handy for this lecture with my way of organizing modules!

1 Like

I’ve actually been wondering which way was better, separate files or all in one. I’m aiming to mostly make game assets in the future, and stay modular with environments. I guess I’ll have to figure it out as I go lol. I’ll definitely check out that video you posted!

2 Likes

Both are valid ngl, in both you can append to another blend file, I’ll guess the benefit of doing it in one file is more like mickey said on the chess board section like an “asset showcase”.

But to be fair I think is your choice of what feels more comfortable with you or the work you are doing!

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it. :smiley:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms