Dungeon prison breakout

I spent a lot of time on this challenge and I’m sure many aspects can be improved, but after one month of iterations I’m really eager to get on with the course :laughing:

Here is the youtube link to my “dungeon prison breakout” demo level.

I digged around for tutorials to learn how to create outlines for items that the player can interact with. I also came up with a solution to play a sound only when an item is dropped and hits something. I would have loved to hot-swap a static movable mesh with a destructible mesh (for the ceramic pot to break when thrown) but I couldn’t exactly figure out how to do it, so if you have any pointers I’m all ears.

EDIT: If anyone is interested, I wrote a blog post that breaks down my learning journey thus far, where I explain how I built this level. (Note to mods: it’s not meant as self-promotion, but if the link is a violation of the community guidelines please accept my apologies and feel free to remove the link.)

3 Likes

This is awesome. Congrats!
Based on your blog post, you seem like someone I would enjoy working with.

I am half way through the course myself. Good luck in the future.

2 Likes

Thank you for the blog info wow fantastic. I did have some questions that it has answered. you did something special here. are you on the face book group? id like to follow ur work.
Regards
Stu.

you can find my info here

1 Like

Hi Stu, thanks for your comment :slight_smile: I don’t use Facebook anymore, sorry.

Did you get over this issue?

Privacy & Terms