Dungeon Material Idea

I wanted to share this idea I had for materials in mine. I ended up making three different materials for grey - light, medium, and dark. I textured the floors with medium and alternated light and dark randomly for the tiles which I think helps to break up things risking looking repetitive.
I think the outcome is pretty fun!

4 Likes

It may do but it is all black in the image, which may be in part the compression. Or it may be just too darkly lit.

1 Like

Oh - interesting! I can see the colors on my end - dark but not completely covered in shadow. Maybe it has something to do with different screen settings as well? I’ll have to keep that in mind for the final render - thank you for letting me know!

2 Likes

I can see the differenz, but some lightsources would help to get it :wink:

I guess it would be cool if you spread the randomness over the walls, pillars and the doorway too!
The pillars looks a bit to uniform for me.

2 Likes

Oh for sure! I think I took this render before getting to the lighting part so I just kind of hastily positioned a light overhead :sweat_smile:
That’s a great idea! I’ll have to mess around with it and see if I can find a pattern that I like - adding variation without ruining cohesion.

2 Likes

Very nice DARK dungeon. I like it!. Nice work. Adding a little randomness to the walls and pillars like @Malachanis said will make it more realistic. Looking forward to seeing your finished dungeon with the lighting. Have fun dude!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms