This was my first attempt at a modular environment. After the initial lessons of making walls, floors and basic props (barrel, crate and torch), I played further with the dungeon theme by adding the caged doors for the monsters, various potion bottles, books, scrolls, furniture, and the cauldron. I added the runes by using vector images and importing them into Blender. I had a lot of fun figuring out how to make them look drawn on with chalk or blood while still keeping the low poly style.
I tried using a texture paint stencil for the runes but it gave me a lot of trouble. I ended up importing Vector images (.SVG) as curves and then added the material below.