DRIFT DRIVING QUEST: ‘Get Jammin!’ - Solutions

Quest: Drift Driving Quest
Challenge: Get Jammin!

Feel free to share your solutions, ideas and creations below. If you get stuck, you can find some ideas here for completing this challenge.

Getting my game creation in now, i’ve spent just under a week on it, to keep in the Game Jam Spirit :).
I initially was inspired from the original project for a micro machines style game. Though the sphere collider element of the player led me to office chairs and an office environment :smiley:. The theme grew from there into 2 mini games.
More time, i’d create more maps for both games. With a stretch goal of unlockable chairs based of performance, etc.
But anyway, hopefully this inspires some people in their quest to make a game from this project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Morgan,

This one took me by surprise, I love the concept of the office chair, it was good fun and almost like a fully finished game.

I also loved the use of the highlighters as gates.

Hey I can create WebGL builds and they run in the browser but when I try and upload to sharemygame.com I get and error about the index file any ideas?

Kurt

1 Like

hmm index errors, not sure. Bit out of my knowledge range i’m afraid.
Think thats going to be a tougher question to answer, might try on the unity discord chat.

Thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

So awesome, great work!

1 Like

Very Nice

Couple of things:

• The background music for the Stock Taking game stopped after a while so probably needs to be set to looping.

• I found the timings for the lap one were a litte tough - remember you become an expert when testing and I had what I thought was a reasonable lap at 15 something only to be scoffed at!! The 14.5 next and still no where. I’m not good at the key controls.

I did enjoy stock taking more than the lap one.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.
The sound issue is a weird unity bug. From some Googling, it seems there’s a weird bug in WebGL builds when having clips that loop, called from a playDelayed (in this case i have an intro clip, that leads into the loop, so playdelayed(introMusic.clip.length).
The issues in the lap version as well, but the musics long enough that it’d be hard to notice, as the game takes less time.
Just made a work around by starting a coroutine with a yield of the introMusic.clip.length. Seems to do the job :). Thanks for spotting that!

As for the lap rewards, i’ve spread things out a bit more now. Fair point on the expecting to much to soon side of things. And people won’t really play this for to long :P, so spread the rewards out a bit more.

1 Like

Lol only just realised what you have done with the name @Morgan, big lol

Kurt

1 Like

Why don’t I see this in my list of challenges? Do I need to finish my current list first?

Hi Steven - those that you see and are not in your list are in pre-release at the moment getting tested by a few people. So should be ‘coming soon’…

1 Like

It’s nothing special, but I did all the challenges, then put a timer in and made a track with what was already there. I’m quite pleased with it, regardless. :smiley:

1 Like

Cool. Made it on the 3rd attempt but I dont think the timer should start till you go over the start line…

1 Like

Nice! I like the little fireworks animation on the pylons. Is that Z-fighting on the first booster ramp? I encounter this all the time in my own projects. :slight_smile: Good work finishing this one.

Privacy & Terms