Dredger Model

dredgerbase

Made a custom model for an enemy in a virtual tabletop game I’m running. This buggo was fun to model, rig, and animate; truth be told, I had more trouble getting a proper transparent webm of it made than anything else! But I was eventually able to get it into the game, animated and all.

5 Likes

Great piece!

Did you try to smoothen the objects?

Select an object (sphere) with the right mouse button and select smoothing.

2 Likes

Good bug!

1 Like

I actually did, but I actually left it unsmoothed, as a sort of call back to more primative games and Deep Rock Galactic.

That, and the lighting came off weird in the smoothed version (though admittedly I could try to fix that too; don’t know how to surround it with a ‘universal’ light so used a spot light instead).

smoothdredger

3 Likes

Making it smooth without additional vertices, you get the results as shown by you. Shading a bit ‘unnatural’. And some parts work better. If you add a subdivision modifier, Blender will add more ‘virtual’ vertices for you, giving a more organic look.
It will be explained in the course.

Have fun!

3 Likes

surfacesmoothdredger

I think I tried that too before, and while it looks way more amazing than just smoothing it, it did give up some of the ‘harsh lines’ from the front mouth-claws I liked. However, I’m guessing there’s a methods to keep it that I haven’t learned yet, so I’ll be on the lookout for it; thanks!

2 Likes

Nice little animation. Like it!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms