Dragon Render

Thanks for the course Grant, it was fun to go through as a quick practice project. I held off on texturing the Dragon as I want to delve into that in far more detail at a later stage, I just want to get used to sculpting first and foremost. It was an interesting set up with Rick playing the student. A lot of the questions he asked were useful and ones I most certainly had when I did my first sculpt, so overall a great idea, but his timing of interjections were a little off and would sometimes cut Grant off whilst he was explaining something else. That would be my only complaint, but otherwise a great course all in all.

9 Likes

WOW! This is phenomenal! How long did it take you to make this?

Very nice sculpt. Perhaps the overall scene is all too much one colour?
Good to see a more down in a rock/cave like situated dragon.

Thank you. I can’t say for certain but I think around 10-15 hours in total as I was playing around a lot with different sculpt levels and brushes.

I completely agree. Unfortunately as I hadn’t applied a colour texture to the dragon the more varied colour I added to the scene the more it stood out in a bad way, so I washed out everything in order to make it appear less obvious. Hopefully when I get around to studying substance painter and revisit this scene I’ll be able to re-post with a much more appealing overall composition and pallet. Thank you for your feedback, it’s much appreciated!

1 Like

Tried adding some more quick visual interest based on feedback

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms