Downloading Blender video feedback

The end of the video poses the question “How was the pace of this video? Could you follow along? Any issues you spotted?” In response I would say that the pace is just fine. I have previously downloaded blender over many different versions so it was very easy for me to follow along—I’m not sure that it is necessary at this point of the course to raise the beta versions to the detail stated, maybe it would have been better to highlight that the web page automatically selects the appropriate version to be compatible with your own system, if you run on Windows it’ll give you a Windows version, if you run on a Mac it’ll give you a Mac version and if you run on Linux it’ll give you a Linux version… so if you download on a system other than that which you’ll be running on then you may need to select the appropriate version manually. As at 23rd March 2022 the current version is now 3.10.
Hope that’s the sort of feedback you were after.
Kind regards,
Geoff

3 Likes

Blender is an evolving product. And with the introduction of version 2.8, the User Interface (UI) was drastically changed. And even in the newest version, the Blender UI is changing.
Sometimes is easier to follow the course in the version the teacher is using. Just to avoid confusion of panel differences, hotkeys convention, and or name-giving.

As a student, you don’t miss much having the latest version, with the latest features (not explained in the course). But when in doubt, throw a question.

Have fun!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms