Doubt Regarding Unity 3D Course

Hey,

I am currently working on the fps game in the Unity 3D course. And for the player character we have used the rigid body fps controller provided in the unity asset pack.

So the problem I am facing is that player character is very slippery, for example if the character is on a slope and no input is given, it will slip from that slope itself and it will only stop untill unless it reaches the flat land. And its step height is also very less so it can’t even climb small stairs.

So my question is that is this the default mechanism of the rigidbody fps controller or it can be fixed???

If it can be fixed please also explain how can it be fixed.

Hi Pratyush,

A physic material with friction might help.

See also:

Okay, the slipping problem is solved, but what to do for the step height, as I have added stairs and the player character is not able to climb the stairs and the character is also blocked by stairs.

A student on Udemy had the same question as you. I’m copying and pasting @Marc_Carlyon’s answer in case you are not enrolled in our course on Udemy:

Another solution we had with bridges and things is to add an object to the stairs and make it not bakeable by the navmesh and turn off its mesh render so its invisible to the scene but also creates a ramp for the player to go up.
The reason the enemy makes it up stairs is as i am sure you have seen in your tests is that it follows the navmesh which is not on every step.

This thread might also help with the stairs problem. However, I didn’t download and check the student’s project.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms