Double hinges, not there yet

I had a different lamp model in mind then the on proposed by Michael. It is a very standard desk lamp but, the problem is that it has 2 “hinges” per joint.

I found how to link a bone to another as “child of”. With that, I can incline both bones of the arm as one !
But when I incline my arm and then rotate my stem bone, things get all wacky.

I am going to complete the lesson with Michael’s design then come back to this attempt later.

1 Like

Hi Vince,

I have the same rigging/lamp model as you do. But I’m not sure how to add the upper arms. How did you rigged the upper arms on your end? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I hope you can help me with this :slight_smile:
Kissel

I have not retryed this section yet :blush:
I continued my way up to section 7 now. But you reminded me of this and I definitely should retry it.
But, if you continue forward in section 5, you will learn about movement restrictions which may solve the problem.

But what this section has taught me above all is to stick to approximately the same model has Michael for my first attempt at a lesson so I could learn the basics.

Sorry I can’t help you more then that :worried:

1 Like

Hi Vince,

it’s alright, I’ve raised this problem in my rigging post and got the solution. it’s all rigged well now :slight_smile:

Here’s the response I got:

Here’s my output :slight_smile:

I hope this will help you too :blush:

1 Like

WOW ! your solution is very nice !
But most of all, your perseverance is exemplary :slight_smile:

Kudos to you <3 !

1 Like

Privacy & Terms