Door moves down when The statue is on the trigger

Every time I place the statue on the trigger it moves down, It moves up if I take it off, I checked my code and nothing sems to be working any ideas on what it could be?

What do you have as the TargetLocation?

Original Location

Sorry I’m blind it’s right there in the screenshot. Could you show your trigger component code please?

sure Its right here

Where do you have the gate in your level and what value do you use for MoveOffset?

I have the gate in the mausoleum and the offset is -460, because thats how far it goes down

That would explain it. You have it the other way round to Sam. Sam’s initial position is closed and has a value of 440 to move up.

Okay I am trying but It crashes saying there is a Null ptr, I checked and its The UMover pointer in trigger.h when I forward declared it worked and let me add but I couldn’t move it, so i have to make it a pointer, any ideas on how to fix it?

I’m not quite sure what you mean here. It wasn’t already a pointer?

It already was but when I changed something in the code it started crashing

Could you show the error message and your code please?

What does the rest of the crash log say?

Well that’s not particularly helpful for me unfortunately.

Would you mind sending me your project using the following link?

https://gdev.tv/projectupload

Please use File > Zip Project within Unreal as this will ensure only required files are zipped up and things like the Binaries are excluded.

The File is too big

Are you able to upload it to your own Google Drive or similar service?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms