Don't put on your makeup and drive at the same time

Full progress can be seen by visiting my Repo

I’ve added the painting around and in the eyes. I felt more comfortable painting on the texture map than on the 3d model. I’d put a couple of spots on the model to show me where I wanted to work on the map and then draw everything out there. That gave me smoother even lines. Touching up behind the iris with the blend tool was done on the model in the final stages.

Looks like we will be doing a lot of shading on the model. With the internal emission all the details of the face, like the nose and mouth, are now hidden. At this point I am not liking the effect, but can see cases where this would be useful. Scene lighting would become less of an issue.

3 Likes

I think that was the point of anime art style was to avoid lighting and camera issues at the expense of details. Just, apples to apples comparisons the Simpsons would be our longest show here but there its about average for a popular show with hundreds of episodes. Less detail you can tell more stories.

1 Like

Yes, as I stated, scene lighting would become a non-issue while keeping your characters well lit. I could see situations where emissions would need to be modified, for instance walking in a dark cave. You wouldn’t want your characters to be the torch lighting the room. :wink:

1 Like

The anime style is like that, where there characters are the torch. :smiley: Watch more anime. You’ll see it.

Privacy & Terms