Dolly Track Can't Add Animation Keyframes

Hello Gents,

I seem to be having an issue with the Dolly Track with Animation feature. In the lecture “Making Cinematic Sequences”, at about 13:24, a keyframe has been added to the timeline when modifying the path position. However, no matter what I, the keyframe does not seem to be added.

This happens on both Unity 2018.4.23f1 and Unity 2019.4.1f1.

Any idea why this is happening?

-Jerry

It’s possible that you’re outside of what the Sequence considers it’s timeline… are you able to add a keyframe in the middle of the sequence?

I’ve tried to add keyframes at all points of the sequence. No success so far… not sure if i need a new setting or something else.

This is what I was able to find about possible fixes. I must admit, when I’ve encountered similar issues in the past, I’ve simply recorded a new playable out of frustration. This is one of Unity’s less than intuitive features.
https://forum.unity.com/threads/why-cant-i-add-a-keyframe-to-the-first-frame-of-an-animation.118155/

Hello there, I just got to this lecture and see your question. I can tell that you had the animaton track of “DollyTrack1” in your timeline, yet were trying to change the position of “Dolly1”. Rick pulls down the camera itself to create the animation track not the dollytrack. You dragged in one game object then tried to animate another.

Delete the DollyTrack1 animation track in the left side of timeline and this time drag in the CM Dolly1 virtual camera to the left side and create the animation track. This is because we use the track position to animate the camera, but the animation track isnt of the dolly track it’s of the Dolly camera.

Im sure this wont help you now but hopefully it will help someone in the future!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms