Does the clipping in the mirror funtion work different in 4.1?

I have followed up to the part with the lecture mentions turning on clipping in the mirror funtion.

I am in Blender 4.1, and for me the vertex and its mirror work the same when I do not have clipping enabled. When I enable it the gap between the vertex and its mirror still appears. They are not “stuck together”.

It does have an effect in that with clipping enabled the vertex and its mirror are no longer able to overlap. Am I missing something or is the a change in my version?

As far as I understand, this is the primary effect of clipping, so if you’re seeing that, that’s good =)

To also make vertices stick together with this operation, you need Auto Merge Vertices turned on, but even then, it won’t actually merge them until you’ve confirmed the operation with LMB. Then, test-grabbing the vertices will show that they have become a single vertex.

Auto Merge Vertices button, just in case:

1 Like

Hi BH67,

Thanks for your comment.

After some more experimentation it turns out that this issue was the merge distance not on the auto merge as show in your pic but in the mirror funtion itself.

Thanks for your assistance.

2 Likes

Ahh, right, forgot about that one! Glad you found the solution =)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms