Do you cover controller movement?

I’m glad you created a course on 2d gamemaker! i was waiting for this a long time and its quickly becoming my preferred engine since ditching Unity a while back.

I see in one of the videos character movement is covered. this is with the keyboard, which is great and all, but is there a lesson that covers controller movement or even better detecting and using both controller movement and keyboard/mouse?

Thanks

Hi D_C,

I believe this is out of scope of the course and so was not included in the course.
It should be a matter however of setting up the correct application of the movement in the step function that we do right at the start of the course but as i have not done it i couldnt say what they were.
You also might have to look into how to set up how far the joystick has been pushed if using those over the direction pad.
I imagine switching between them would just be a simple if statement with an or to say if this button is pressed or this is pressed then move the character.

Hopefully this gives you a thread to pull on to set this up

Thanks for the help! i’ll do some more research on it. good to know it’s not in scope though.

Thanks again!
David

Privacy & Terms