Displacement map issues

hey guys, on section 7 video lecture 199 for the displacement maps and im following along with the video and nothing is happening to my cube, it stays a cube, then i do the subdivide that creates a ball, and stays a ball, doesnt go all spiky like the video…all my settings are the same though, any help would be great, im on version 2.78C

In blender render make sure that you have in the texture options: coordinate->generated and projection->flat

1 Like

Hi MrMiniR60S,

Do you have set your texture (type voronoi) displace influence to 1.0 ? Originally it’s in the diffuse and color. Also do you have subdivision surface modifier applied to your model? Last thing: Check that you are on blender render :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Jax

Thanks guys, it was the coordinate->generated that did the trick, guess i missed it in the lesson

I ran into this issue as well. It took me about 15 min to track down the issue so it might be worth mentioning in the video.

Its Under the Mapping Section of your texture settings.

I was looking for it a while because neither of you said it was under mapping.

I replayed the video like 5 times and missed this too. What a crucial step he did not include!

Privacy & Terms